Room Controller of eHouse Home Automation System - RoomManager (RM). RoomManager
(RM) is self contained Microcontroller with build in peripherals for managing electric, electronic devices in the room.
Comfort and maximal installations uses 1 RM per major room (defined by user which room is important).
In low budget installation at least 1 RM per storey or flat is required.
This solution put some restrictions on Infrared Control and program sets.
RoomManager is optimized for decentralized home automation system implementation. Main Functions of RoomManager:
- 24 digital outputs (directly for driving Relays build on MP) for turning on / off external devices powered up to 230V-AC/10A (maximal values for current and voltage).
- 12 digital inputs for connecting sensors, switches, etc. Two events are defined for changing state from 1 to 0 and 0 to 1. Assignment of desired events can be performed in eHouse application.
- 8 analog inputs (10bit resolution) with individually programmed levels (min,max). Three events are defined for changing from one level to another (below min,ok,above max).
- 3 PWM (Pulse width modulation) outputs for controlling light level (DC dimmer). RoomManager's PWM output is capable to drive single LED (for opto couple pair) and need power driver. Dimmer drivers up to 30W can be installed optionally on MP.
- RS485 interface for communication over eHouse 1 bus.
- RS232-TTL interface for installation extension modules to controllers.
- Programmable clock and scheduler (248 positions) for running events stored in flash memory of RM.
- IR infra red receiver compatible with Sony (SIRC) system for controlling RoomManager's by Sony or universal remote controllers.
- IR Infra red transmitter for controlling Audio, Video, HiFi systems by remote controller signal emulation.
- Controlling Winamp application installed on PC (eHouse system server) via Sony IR Remote Controller.
- 24 programs of work incorporating settings of all outputs and analog input levels.
- Possibility of connecting BlueTooth module for spreading BT range.
- Possibility of connecting Mifare Access Card Reader module for identification and access control or right limitation for users (eg. in hotels, public building, offices applications etc.).
- Up to 250 RM can be installed in eHouse System.