Ethernet Room Controller of eHouse Home Automation System - EthernetRoomManager (ERM). EthernetRoomManager
(ERM) is self contained Microcontroller with build in peripherals for managing electric, electronic devices in the room.
EthernetRoomManager is equivalent of RoomManager working directly in Ethernet Network LAN instead of RS485 eHouse data bus.
Comfort and maximal installations uses 1 ERM per major room (defined by user which room is important).
EthernetRoomManager is optimized for decentralized home automation system implementation. Main Functions of EthernetRoomManager:
- 24 digital outputs (directly for driving Relays build on MP) for turning on / off external devices powered up to 230V-AC/10A (maximal values for current and voltage).
- 12 digital inputs for connecting sensors, switches, etc. Two events are defined for changing state from 1 to 0 and 0 to 1. Assignment of desired events can be performed in eHouse application.
- 8 analog inputs (10bit resolution) with individually programmed levels (min,max). Three events are defined for changing from one level to another (below min,ok,above max).
- 3 PWM (Pulse width modulation) outputs for controlling light level (DC dimmer).
EthernetRoomManager's PWM output is capable to drive single LED (for opto couple pair) and need power driver.
Dimmer drivers up to 30W can be installed optionally on MP.
- RS232-TTL interface for installation extension modules to controllers.
- IR infra red receiver compatible with Sony (SIRC) system for controlling EthernetRoomManager's by Sony or universal remote controllers.
- IR Infra red transmitter for controlling Audio, Video, HiFi systems by remote controller signal emulation.
- Possibility of connecting Mifare Access Card Reader module for identification and access control or right limitation for users (e.g. in hotels, public building, offices applications etc.).
- Up to 250 ERM can be installed in eHouse System.
- Contains RTC (Real Time Clock) for device synchronization and valid scheduler usage.
- Incorporates TCP/IP server for controlling system with 5 concurrent connections accepted.
Connections has equal priority and enables:
- receiving events from TCP/IP devices compliant to eHouse system,
- sending device status to TCP/IP panels for monitoring states and visualization purposes,
- continuous transmitting logs to PC system,
- achieve transparent TCP/IP to RS 232 interface, for loading configuration and serious problem detection.
- Contains TCP/IP client to control EthernetHouse (eHouse 2) devices directly via TCP/IP network.
- Servers and client uses secure logging and authentication between TCP/IP eHouse system devices.
- Enables setting required logging level (information, warning, errors) for solving any problems in the system.
- Contains software and hardware WDT (Watch Dog Timer) to reset device in case of hang up, or serious errors.
- Programmable clock and scheduler (255 positions) for running events stored in flash memory of ERM (for frequent, automatic, service, unattended, programmed in time events execution, ).