Floor, Flat, Storey Controller of eHouse Home Automation System - LevelManager (LM) Ethernet. LevelManager
(ERM) is self contained Microcontroller with build in peripherals for managing electric, electronic devices in flat, building or part of building eg. one storey.
LevelManager is centralized version of EthernetRoomManager working directly in Ethernet Network LAN and incorporates more hardware resources.
LevelManager is optimized for centralized home automation system implementation working in Ethernet Network architecture.
This solution put some restrictions on Infrared Control and program sets.
Infrared control is only available in visible range of LevelManager. Main Functions of LevelManager:
- 70 digital outputs (directly for driving Relays build on MP) for turning on / off external devices powered up to 230V-AC/10A (maximal values for current and voltage).
- 48 digital inputs for connecting sensors, switches, etc. Two events are defined for changing state from 1 to 0 and 0 to 1. Assignment of desired events can be performed in eHouse application.
- 16 analog inputs (10bit resolution) with individually programmed levels (min,max). Three events are defined for changing from one level to another below min, ok, above max.
- 3 PWM (Pulse width modulation) outputs for controlling light level (DC dimmer).
LevelManager's PWM output is capable to drive single LED (for opto couple pair) and need power driver.
Dimmer drivers up to 30W can be installed optionally on MP.
- RS232-TTL interface for installation extension modules to controllers.
- Contains RTC (Real Time Clock) for device synchronization and valid scheduler usage.
- Incorporates TCP/IP server for controlling system with 5 concurrent connections accepted.
Connections has equal priority and enables:
- receiving events from TCP/IP devices compliant to eHouse system,
- sending device status to TCP/IP panels for monitoring states and visualization purposes,
- continuous transmitting logs to PC system,
- achieve transparent TCP/IP to RS 485 interface, for loading configuration and serious problem detection.
- Contains TCP/IP client to control EthernetHouse (eHouse 2) devices directly via TCP/IP network.
- Servers and client uses secure logging and authentication between TCP/IP eHouse system devices.
- Enables setting required logging level (information, warning, errors) for solving any problems in the system.
- Contains software and hardware WDT (Watch Dog Timer) to reset device in case of hang up, or serious errors.
- Programmable clock and scheduler (255 positions) for running events stored in flash memory of LM (for frequent, automatic, service, unattended, programmed in time events execution, ).
- IR infra-red receiver compatible with Sony (SIRC) system for controlling LevelManager's by Sony or universal remote controllers.
- IR Infra-red transmitter for controlling Audio, Video, HiFi systems by remote controller signal emulation.
- Possibility of connecting Mifare Access Card Reader module for identification and access control or right limitation for users (e.g. in hotels, public building, offices applications etc.).
- Up to 250 Ethernet eHouse Devices can be installed in eHouse System.